Tri-Counties Regional Center

Applying for Services

Image Interior

Your Rights

There are many ways to advocate for yourself for services that you need.

Picture title

You have these rights:

  • You can talk it over with the regional center about your choice of service providers and about services and supports that are flexible and individually tailored to meet your needs.
  • If you are dissatisfied with any service decision or action by the regional center, you can request by mail a fair hearing packet including a fair hearing request form and booklet.
  • You may choose a voluntary informal meeting and/or mediation for a problem issue.
  • When transferring from one regional center to another, you can receive the same types and levels of supports and services, if available, or develop a new IPP within 30 days.
  • If you need to resolve conflicts with the agency providing you direct services, you can use their fair hearing procedure.
  • You can file a complaint with the regional center Clients'Rights Advocate if you believe your rights have been violated by the regional center or service provider.

Fair Hearing

If you disagree with a regional center decision about services or eligibility or other action, you may file for a fair hearing. Ask your service coordinator for a form and instructions.

And, if you believe that the regional center has wrongly or unfairly denied your rights, you may file a complaint with the Clients’ Rights Advocate. This process resolves complaints other than disputes about eligibility or the nature, scope, or amount of services—which are resolved by filing for a fair hearing.

In either case, you may contact TCRC’s Clients' Rights Advocates:

Andrew Gonzalez, Clients’ Rights Advocate/Attorney
Gina Gheno, Assistant Clients’ Rights Advocate
201 N Calle Cesar Chavez Ste. 202 SB, CA 93103 
Phone 805-308-8950 Fax 805-308-8949

Plus, find detailed information about complaints and fair hearings, including forms, at the Department of Developmental Services website:  link

This web site includes a phone number for answering applicant questions as required by Assembly Bill 1402.