Tri-Counties Regional Center

Services & Supports

Image Interior

Residential Options

Housing options.  Many young adults choose to remain living with family after turning 18.  Others choose to live independently from family in their own home or in a licensed residential facility.    If the young adult choses to live in their own apartment, an application for subsidized housing may be appropriate.  There is a long waiting list for most subsidized housing options, so an application should be made well in advance. The Service Coordinator can explain supported living or independent living options.   If a residential facility is more appropriate, a visit to licensed residential facilities might help determine if this might be a good choice. Your Service Coordinator can let you know what options might be available in your community.  

Licensed Residential Homes

Family Home Agencies

Independent Living

Supported Living