Qualified candidates must possess at least 2 years of applicable experience in social work or mental health, with at least 1 of those years working with individuals with developmental disabilities in a professional capacity. A master's or bachelor's degree in human services (psychology, sociology, counseling, human development, speech disorders, social work, etc) is also required.
Please DO NOT apply if you do not meet these requirements.
Some of the specific job duties of the Service Coordinator are:
1. Support individuals we serve by maintaining regular contact and doing Individual Family Service Plans (IFSP) and Individual Program Plans (IPP).
2. Participate in Interdisciplinary Team staffings and attend meetings in the community as needed including Individual Education Plan (IEP) and day program meetings.
3. Provide information and referral to generic services and resources in the community
4. Coordinate and secure TCRC funded services
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
-Awareness of entitlement and benefit programs and of public benefit programs
-Ability to make verbal and written presentations to groups
-Ability to work independently and within a team
-Responsive to supervision
-Able to understand and adhere to applicable laws, regulations, policies and procedures
-ICF-DD experience, QMRP
-Master's or Bachelor's degree in human services field or a related area, with at least 2 years of applicable experience
-Valid California drivers license and reliable, insured vehicle or equivalent means of transportation.
-Able to travel to any location at any time; this position's caseload will be located throughout the county and weekly travel is required.
Resumes and cover letters must be submitted as attachments in .doc .docx or .pdf format.
Starting Pay is $19.39 - $21.37 (w/bachelor's degree) - $22.45 - $24.74 (w/master's degree) hourly. Also includes 5% annual increases and $0.54/mile travel reimbursement.
Tri-Counties currently has an opening for a Manager of Supports & Services for the San Luis Obispo Childrens/Transition team. This is an exciting opportunity for someone who is familiar with the Regional Center service system and who has management experience in a social services environment.
The Manager of Services& Supports directs the work of a service coordination team in a person-centered way, represents TCRC in the community, and provides general supervision to assigned service coordination staff.
We strongly prefer a Master’s degree in social work or related field and license or license eligibility (LCSW, MFT).
A Bachelor’s degree and three years of directly related experience may be substituted for the Master’s degree.
2 years of applicable management experience in mental health or social services and 1 year experience with individuals with developmental disabilities is also required.
Case management experience is also required, as this position will supervise about 10 Service Coordinators who are responsible for case management.
1. Assigns, reviews, and evaluates work of a team of service coordinators in a person-centered way. Manages team within budget guidelines.
2. Hires, trains, directs, and evaluates service coordinators
3. Works independently and inter-departmentally to resolve service issues.
4. Represents the service coordination team and/or the regional center in inter-agency problem resolution and in transactions with state and local agencies, service providers and community groups
5. Participates in planning and developing agency policies and procedures.
6. Trains staff in application and interpretation of agency, state and federal standards, and monitors results.
7. Compiles/prepares reports on team activities.
8. Implements strategic performance plan at team level.
9. May serve as staff support for committees of the Board of Directors.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required: Knowledge of developmental disabilities Knowledge of Regional Center service systems Awareness of public entitlement and benefit programs Staff leadership and supervision Creative problem-solving ability Ability to make verbal and written presentations to groups Organizational and time management skills Excellent oral and written communication Works effectively with diverse groups Knowledge of and demonstrated ability in Person Centered practices
Local and in-state travel is required for this position, mileage is reimbursed at $0.54 per mile. This position is considered management and exempt from overtime.
Starting Salary Range: $62,000-$65,000 DOE