Our Santa Barbara Early Start team is looking for people who want to make a difference in their community and provide person-centered assistance to children ages 0-3 with developmental disabilities.
Service Coordinator IIs manage a caseload of 60-70 children who require specialized assistance.
Candidates must have at least 2 years in social work and 1 year working with children with developmental disabilities. Also required is a master's or bachelor's degree in human services.
Please see our website at www.tri-counties.org for more about who we are and what we do.
Primary Job Duties of Service Coordinators:
This is a non-exempt, full-time, union bargaining unit position, to be paid hourly. The starting salary range is:
Bachelor’s Degree -- $19.39 - $21.37
Master’s Degree – $22.45- $24.74
In addition to salary, mileage reimbursement is provided at the current IRS rate of $0.535 per mile, and 5% annual salary increases according to union payscales.
Tri-Counties Regional Center also offers a wonderful benefits package which includes:
Employer Paid Medical, Dental, Life and Disability Insurance
Voluntary Vision and Supplemental Life Insurance
CalPERS Retirement Pension Plan
Public Service Student Loan Forgiveness Program
Flexible M-F work schedules
Please see our Employee Benefits page for more information about the comprehensive benefit package provided.
Are you interested in advocacy and looking for work?
Do you live in the Santa Barbara area?
Are you receiving services from Tri-Counties Regional Center?
We have an exciting, part-time job opportunity (10 hours a week) available with the TCRC team in supporting local self-advocacy groups in the Santa Barbara area.
· Serves as an advisor to the South Coast Self Advocacy Group, and other groups as needed.
· Attends local advocacy groups and/or Hillside House Resident Council meetings, as appropriate.
· Supports individuals participating in community activities, such as Local Unmet Needs Transit Hearings, Grassroots Day, and local legislative visits.
· Assist in the design of printed materials for persons and families served.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
· Some knowledge of local programs and services, generic benefit programs (Medi-Cal, Social Security)
· Demonstrated ability to work independently, with minimal supervision, and as a team member.
· Demonstrated ability to take direction from supervisor and team members, and ask for help as needed.
· Ability to prioritize time and/or be flexible with work-related deadlines.
· Must be a resident of the Santa Barbara area, and must be a person served by TCRC
Classification: Union, Hourly, Non-Exempt, Part-time (10 hours per week)
Starting Salary: $10.52 hourly (Step 2, Grade 2)